On Tuesday 18h November 2020, WA Communications Director, Lisa Townsend, sat down with the Rt Hon Andrea Leadsom MP to discuss her Early Years Healthy Development Review, the first phase of which will report to the government in January.
The first 1,000 days of children’s lives are critical for their development, and hugely impact their physical health, mental health and opportunity throughout their lives. The potential for the ‘levelling up’ agenda to support the early years is vast, and something we know is on the government’s agenda.
The webinar covered a huge range of issues, providing insight on subjects such as:
- An overview of the Early Years Healthy Development Review, and recap on the findings from her 2018-19 inter-ministerial group on early years
- How to address the early years ‘postcode lottery’
- The importance of infant mental health
- Lessons learnt from Covid-19
- How investment in early years can support the government’s ambitious ‘levelling up’ agenda
Watch a recording of the webinar: