WA Communications is a leading strategic communications and public affairs agency based in Westminster. The business has grown by more than 20 per cent year on year for the last three years, and we are looking for a Senior Account Manager/Account Manager to play a major role in our growing Investor Services practice. You’ll help shape the direction of our growing and dynamic team of consultants, and have the opportunity for swift career progression.
Our Investor Services practice specialises in providing political due diligence and policy risk analysis to institutional investors. We have established a reputation for high quality, swift, detailed and insightful analysis, with specialisms in health and social care, energy, education and infrastructure among a range of other areas.
The Senior Account Manager/Account Manager will help manage the delivery of research projects, provide presentations and advice to investors, and support new business activities. You will be will have responsibility for managing the day-to-day delivery of research projects, conducting deep-dive primary and secondary research, and the drafting of high quality policy analysis on a range of topics.
The candidate should have experience of policy research and will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. They will have experience of working in a policy related role (public affairs consultancy, political party, government department, think tank or similar), strategy or management consultancy, or have significant transferable experience from another commercial advisory role.They will be a rising star looking for a step up and a long-term opportunity to play a leading role in an exciting business.
Qualities we are looking for are:
• An understanding of the UK political, regulatory and policy-making process.
• An ability to assess the impact on a business of changes in politics and policy factors.
• An ability to present findings to our clients in a rigorous and confident way, both in person and in writing.
• An ability to work well under pressure, and to short deadlines.
• Strong organisational and project management skills, and a track record of successfully managing the delivery of high quality reports or other projects to strict deadlines.
• An ability to provide quality assurance throughout a project lifecycle, including editing content as appropriate.
• A proven ability to lead, manage and motivate junior colleagues, providing guidance, support and advice.
• An interest in generating new business, and natural business acumen.
• Excellent oral and written analytical, communication and presentation skills.
• A proven ability to work conscientiously both as part of a small team, and independently, to produce high quality work.
The role will see you involved in the delivery of project work for clients, business development, and managing internal responsibilities. You will:
• Help shape an industry leading specialist research practice.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, and act as a key touchpoint on research projects.
• Work with colleagues to develop new business leads and to convert them to wins.
• Support the development of more junior members of the team, helping identify areas for development and opportunities to improve.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer:
• A highly competitive salary, and generous performance-related bonuses.
• The opportunity to play an important role in a fast-growing consultancy, and in a business unit that has grown substantially in the last three years.
• A tailored package of training and support to enable you to continue your professional development.
• An honest and open management and wider business culture.
• A fast-paced and fun working environment at our Westminster office.
• A wide range of employee benefits, including a competitive pension scheme, subsidised gym membership, health insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, interest free travel loans and more.
If you would like to apply, please send us a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page and set out why you believe you are a good choice for this role.
You can find our more information about us on our website: www.wacomms.co.uk