WA Communications is recruiting for an Associate Director/Account Director to play a major role in our Investor Services practice, providing sophisticated policy analysis and advice to investors to help support their investment decisions. This role provides significant opportunity for development in a fast-growing practice and would suit a senior public affairs consultant (or similar) looking for a new challenge.
WA is a leading strategic communications and public affairs agency based in Westminster. The business has grown by more than 20 per cent year on year for the last three years, and we are looking for an Associate Director/Account Director to play an important role in supporting that growth.
The chosen candidate will work closely with the practice lead to manage the delivery of research projects and provide presentations and advice to senior investors. You will be working as part of a small, dynamic team of consultants, and will have responsibility for ensuring that intensive research projects are delivered to a consistently high quality by agreed deadlines.
You will also be involved in contributing to the growth of the practice, identifying areas for new business growth and supporting our expansion into new asset classes, which may involve supporting the development of new research products and a broader suite of investor-focused services.
The candidate should have several years’ experience in a policy related role (public affairs consultancy, political party, government department, think tank or similar), strategy or management consultancy, or have significant transferable experience from another commercial advisory role.
Qualities we are looking for are:
• Detailed understanding of the UK political, regulatory and policy-making process.
• Strong oral and written analytical, communication and presentation skills, and the ability to present complex issues and analysis in an accessible way.
• An excellent network among political, regulatory and policy contacts in Westminster, Whitehall and the wider policy community.
• An ability to present findings to our investor clients in a rigorous and confident way.
• A good understanding of business and business strategy.
• A desire to be at the forefront of winning and managing the delivery of research projects.
• An understanding of policy research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative.
• An ability to provide robust quality assurance throughout the project lifecycle, testing analysis and editing content as appropriate.
• An ability to lead, manage and motivate junior researchers, providing daily guidance, support and advice.
• Strong organisational and project management skills.
• An interest in generating new business, and natural business acumen.
• Knowledge of and contacts in the business and investor community would be an advantage.
The role will see you involved in leading project work for clients, business development, and managing internal responsibilities. You will:
• Help lead an industry-leading specialist research practice.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, and act as a key touchpoint on research projects.
• Work with colleagues to develop new business leads and convert them to wins.
• Support the development of more junior members of the team, helping identify areas for development and opportunities to improve.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer:
• A highly competitive salary, and generous performance-related bonuses.
• The opportunity to play an important role in a fast-growing consultancy, and in a business unit that has grown substantially in the last three years.
• A tailored package of training and support to enable you to continue your professional development.
• An honest and open management and wider business culture.
• A fast-paced and fun working environment at our Westminster office.
• A wide range of employee benefits, including a competitive pension scheme, subsidised gym membership, health insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, interest free travel loans and more.
If you would like to apply, please send us a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page and set out why you believe you are a good choice for this role.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 30 June 2019. We will interview strong candidates early, and may appoint before the deadline, so you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
You can find our more information about us on our website: www.wacomms.co.uk